Today, I let the camera name the ring instead of going the Jackson Pollock route of Untitled. After hammering a copper core and peening the surface, I wrapped it with brass wire. The two metals have different amounts of give. the wire ended up very loopy. This ring might have otherwise been called wreath-ring.
I started with 12 feet of double wound wire (twist 6 ft halves together, then fold in half and twist again) and wrapped it into a size 4. It only hammered out to a size 5. Not quite as malleable as copper.
Today I started with 18ft of fine brass wire and double twisted it. It went on the mandrel as a size one and ended up at size 5 — perfect for wifie.
I started with a 30 foot piece of copper wire, twisted it, then twisted it again. After that I wound it into a size 4 ring and put it on the mandrel. Somehow it ended up a size 11. I’ll try again with thinner wire and see if I can hit a size 6.
Bending brass tubing around the ring mandrel was the hardest part of this ring. I put copper wire inside to prevent the tube from crimping, but didn’t lubricate it. A little graphite or oil would have made removing it much easier. The cracked crystal bead was chosen by my gemologically attracted wife. Her main criteria: Pretty, Shiny, Sparkly.